Sustainability – Starlon Naturals
Sustainability is a broad concept encompassing environmental and ecological issues as well as human rights issues and other humanistic questions.
We strive for measurable environmental, social, and fiscal sustainability in everything we do. We value continuous improvement, pushed through supply chain partnerships that are built on communication and transparency. Acting responsibly and working collaboratively, we can make tea & coffee a force for good in the world.
Sustainable beverage production and consumption is at the core of Starlon Naturals and its philosophy.
Our commitment to sustainability
Starlon Naturals is committed to be the most admired natural beverage company in the world, by making a big and lasting difference through Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility.
We intend to achieve this by being the consumer’s first choice in sustainable beverage production and consumption.
We achieve this by being knowledgeable, responsive and trustworthy, and by adopting environmentally and socially-friendly technologies, business practices and innovation, while pursuing long-term growth aspirations and the enhancement.
We, at Starlon Naturals have an optimistic vision of the future and a comprehensive strategy to implement that vision. Our sense of personal environmental responsibility is evident in our commitment to practices that contribute to the sustainability of our planet and the communities in which we live and work. Our standard procedures include:
- Recycling of viable business products as feasible, including the reuse of packaging material.
- The use of biodegradable materials for our teabags.
- On site composting, used for soil nutrification in our workplace garden.
- Business operation using only sustainable energy sources; no fossil fuels.
- Use of reclaimed office furnishings; desks and dividers.
- Use of eco-friendly paint in our warehouse.
- Installation of compact fluorescent lighting in our warehouse.
- Use of energy efficient machinery and appliances.
- Use of eco-friendly, biodegradable cleaning products.
- Our billing is done electronically with no paper waste.
Our sustainable sourcing strategy is focussed on sustainable agricultural practices, and describes our principles and code of conduct in producing tea and coffee. It describes minimum requirements on social and working conditions, safety and environmental demands, and agricultural practices.